Kinetic Creations is a boutique multimedia design firm and broadcast studio specializing in presentation design, scenic design, and graphics operation for Fortune 500 company events all over the world. We are looking for a talented designer to join our creative team and hit the ground running.
As a Presentation Designer, you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge visuals for presentations and live events in a project-based, deadline-driven environment. You will work collaboratively with internal design teammates and external production partners to transform complex corporate scripts and data into captivating infographics and immersive brand stories, frequently with fast turnover. As the final phase of most projects, you might travel with a team of designers to the event site where you will rehearse with presenters, make final design revisions, and operate presentations during the event.
Kinetic Creations is a diverse crew with a shared mindset to hustle hard and do great work. Our culture is casual, upbeat, supportive, and ego-free - our partners are also designers and do the same work right alongside core staff. We are not a typical 9-5 agency - our projects dictate our schedules and occasionally call for evening / weekend work.
Day-to-day, we are loosely structured yet highly accountable – everyone is responsible for managing their own time on projects. We celebrate the traits that make us all unique, are always on the lookout for “our people” to join our small but mighty team…curious people who seek to be challenged to do their best work, thrive in a peer learning environment, and want to enjoy the ride along the way.
Kinetic Creations offers a robust benefits package including healthcare, 401k and a flexible work schedule. While this position is technically remote (U.S. applicants only), the ideal candidate would reside in Detroit, Atlanta or Chicago and be able to work in-studio as needed.
● Excellent design sense, conceptual skills and awareness of current design trends
● Strong portfolio showing a clean, high-end aesthetic and comprehensive presentation / multi-layout samples
● Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
● Keen eye for detail and a strong grasp of the creative revision process
● Comfortable in both the lead role and supporting role for different projects as needed
● Able to self-manage, work independently with minimal oversight, and adapt to an ever-changing workload
● Prioritize projects, communicate progress, and provide consistently outstanding work that meets competing / changing deadlines
● Effectively communicate with production agency partners / executive-level end clients and absorb constructive feedback
● Ability to travel (roughly once per month)
● Occasional evenings and weekend work as necessary (we try to keep this to a minimum)
● Solid mastery of PowerPoint and Keynote preferred (we can train beginner-level users)
● Interactive / UX design experience
● Animation skills / Adobe After Effects
● Video editing / Adobe Premiere
● 3D / Cinema 4D
● Basic understanding of presentation technology, including aspect ratios, pixel maps and projection
● Onsite graphics operation experience
● Google Slides design experience
● Print design experience / Adobe InDesign
It is more important for us to find the right person than the perfect skillset. If this is the perfect job for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the listed criteria – Tell us what makes you a great fit!
Kinetic Creations has been developing live event media for over 20 years. With offices in Detroit and Atlanta, our core services include presentation design, motion graphics, video production, projection mapping, virtual event platform design / hosting / broadcast, and live events AV technologies consultation. Our creative team has designed, developed and executed 6,000+ live and virtual events for Fortune 500 companies in theaters and arenas all over the world.